Privacy Statement Omnidots B.V.
This page contains Omnidots' Privacy Statement. Omnidots B.V. is responsible for data processing as laid out in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We are committed to processing and managing your data with the utmost care. We recommend that you read this Privacy Statement carefully.
9351 VS Leek,
Phone: +31 85 0070336
Private data processed by Omnidots
We process your private data when you provide it to Omnidots and/or when you use our products and services. It follows a list of the private data Omnidots processes:
- Name (first and last)
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Address details
- Location details
- Company information
- Details about your activities on our website omnidots.com and our web platform honeycomb.omnidots.com
- Web browser and device type
- IP address
- Other private data that you actively provide, for example, by creating a Honeycomb account, in writing, or during a call
Additional data we collect from suppliers, partners, and customers:
- Bank details (IBAN, bank code, Swift code, BIC)
- VAT number
Data collected from visitors under the age of 16
Despite the fact that Omnidots, our website, platform, and services do not have the intention of gathering data from minors younger than 16 without parental consent, we cannot verify the age of our website visitors. Consequently, we strongly encourage parents and guardians of these children to actively be involved in preventing are committed to processing and managing your data with the utmost care. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com if you believe we have collected private data on a child without parental consent. We will then remove the relevant data.
Purpose and legal basis
Omnidots has several purposes and legal bases for processing your data. We can and do process and manage private data for the following reasons:
- To deliver goods and services to you.
- To process payments.
- To process Honeycomb account creations.
- To enable you to use our GPS-based monitoring services
- To have the ability to call or e-mail you when this is necessary for supplying our services and products.
- To inform you when changes are made to our services and products.
- To send you our newsletter and/or other marketing materials.
- To analyze your online behavior on our website and/or platform with the objective of improving both and providing you with a preference-based range of services and products.
- To adhere to statutory requirements, such as tax form filing.
How we secure private data
Omnidots is committed to protecting your private data and takes measures to counter any unauthorized changes, access, and publication, as well as abuse and loss. The data transfer from the sensor to the server is encrypted. If you are under the impression that your data is not secure enough or that it is being used without authorization, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long data for different individuals are retained
The retention duration of the collected data depends on the purpose of the data collection and the characteristics of the individuals, as laid out in the next section. Omnidots is committed to not keeping private data longer than strictly necessary.
Data collected from customers, such as details about the individual, their company, and their purchasing history, are retained for 10 years with the purpose of providing customers with long-term service and tracing the quality of Omnidots' products and services. The 10 years are counted from the moment the last device has been purchased, or the last measuring point has been taken offline, depending on which event occurs last. Keeping the data for a time frame of 10 years enables customers to easily start monitoring with Omnidots' devices again, even in the event of temporary economic, global, regional, or company-wide unrest.
Data collected from suppliers, such as their contact information of suppliers and relevant corporate data, will be removed from Omnidots' database two years after the end of our collaboration. The order history will be kept for ten years for the purpose of service and aftersale care. Omnidots is not responsible for updating the supplier's private data. The responsibility for this falls to the supplier's contact for Omnidots.
Data collected for commercial purposes through verbal consent or online and paper forms will be retained for as long as necessary to complete the actions laid out during the conversation or in the form. Data submitted with the explicit objective of registering for Omnidots' newsletter or other marketing communication will be retained until you choose to opt out of our newsletter or marketing communication or until you have not opened any of our e-mail communication for two years. To manage your preference or opt out of commercial e-mail communication, you can e-mail us at email@example.com or click the relevant button at the bottom of each e-mail.
Decision-making process automation
Omnidots does not decide anything with significance to individuals based on automated processes. This section relates to decisions systems and computer programs make without input from a human.
Data sharing with third parties
Omnidots only shares your data with third parties when this is necessary to realize our agreement or to comply with a statutory requirement. We do not sell your private data to third parties. Any company that processes your data at our instructions has a processor agreement with Omnidots. While this ensures that these third parties apply the same level of confidentiality and security to your data, Omnidots remains responsible for such processing.
Omnidots applies the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies are mandatory. These cookies are essential to using our website and navigating around it.
- Functionality Cookies are optional. They are used to enhance the website experience for users and enable additional functionality. Functional cookies can remember user names, language preferences, and similar functionalities.
- Analytics Cookies are optional. Their purpose is to collect anonymous data regarding our website usage, enabling us to improve it.
- Advertisement Cookies are optional. They can be linked to third parties such as the Meta Business Suite and LinkedIn Campaign Manager. These cookies enable Omnidots to determine the effectiveness of ad campaigns and can be used to deliver customized content and advertisements. Here is a list of third-party cookies placed on the Omnidots website:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Ads
- Google reCAPTCHA
- LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- Meta Business Suite
When visiting our website for the first time or after clearing the cookies from your browser, we ask permission to place these different kinds of cookies. You can remove and unapprove Omnidots' cookies by changing your browser settings to no longer store cookies and delete existing cookies.
How to view, edit, or remove your private data
You may view, correct, or remove your own private data and withdraw any data processing rights you have granted us. You also have the right to transfer your private data or object to having it processed by Omnidots B.V.
You may request that we forward a digital document that contains the private data we retain about you to you. Furthermore, you can send a request for managing your data as described in the previous paragraph by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending us such a request, we need to verify that you are authorized to receive the private data or make changes to our logs, so you need to send us a copy of your Proof of Identity with the following sections covered or blacked out to protect your privacy: your picture, Passport or ID Number, Social Security Number (BSN in the Netherlands), and the Machine Readable Zone (the strip at the bottom of the passport picture page that contains numbers). Your request will be replied to within a period of four weeks latest, but we strive to respond as soon as possible.
To file a complaint with the Private Data Authority (this is the Dutch Supervisory Body), follow this link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.