Gathering and analyzing vibration data in the fields of construction and infrastructure can be complicated and laborious. The good news is that using the proper vibration monitoring software makes the job much easier. However, wading through the sea of available software options out there can prove to be challenging.
A subscription model based on Software as a Service (SaaS) provides significant advantages, primarily regarding costs, flexibility, and manageability. This article will show why a subscription model is ideal for individuals and companies active in construction and infrastructure.
The increased frequency of software updates
The breakneck speed of innovation in information technology has increased the frequency of software updates. If you want to leverage the true potential of your data in this digital age, your software products must be interconnected. In other words, your software solutions have to be able to communicate with each other and the interdependent systems. This, of course, creates a situation in which individual software solutions also affect one another. In an interconnected IT environment, performance problems involving one or two applications could disrupt the entire system. And even an old browser update can trigger the need for a software update.
It means you must always keep your vibration monitoring system updated to ensure the best possible performance. Consequently, manually installing every new update can be tedious and time-consuming. It is, of course, never convenient because time is a luxury, and you are always short of time. The possible outcome: necessary updates remain uninstalled, leading to performance problems (i.e., software gets slower and/or less reliable), irritations, and - in a worst-case scenario - costly malfunctions.
The benefits of a subscription model
If you opt for a subscription model, updates are automatically installed. Software as a Service (SaaS) is one of the more popular subscription models. SaaS delivers software applications to the end-user over the internet and is an alternative to on-premises software installations. This subscription model has become a standard method of delivering vital business functionalities, such as mobile applications, office and communication software, payroll and accounting programs, enterprise resource planning programs, and data measurement tools.
Using a SaaS solution for updating and managing your vibration monitoring analysis software has several benefits.
- Rolling updates are applicable, and ensure that you always get the software's necessary and most recent updated version. Working with the latest version safeguards stability and reduces security risks.
- SaaS relieves your IT department of wasting time on unnecessary work. Your in-house IT staff no longer needs to worry about server maintenance, constant troubleshooting, and recovering files in the case of a system crash or human mistake.
- All you need to access a SaaS application is a browser and a working internet connection. These are generally available on a wide range of devices and from most monitoring locations, making SaaS a convenient accessible software solution.
- In terms of costs, SaaS is a very transparent subscription model. You are aware upfront of what you will have to pay for: no hidden costs and unpleasant surprises. Often, many on-premises solutions' forget' management and maintenance costs, such as updates, fees for on-premises hosting (the initial investment in the acquisition and maintenance of the server), internal IT service costs, and the 'lost' hours, which are the results of employees getting distracted from their core tasks.
- Most SaaS solutions are already installed and configured in the cloud. You can use them instantly, avoiding common delays that often accompany more traditional forms of software development.
Vibration monitoring for construction and infrastructure with SWARM and Honeycomb
With the SWARM vibration monitor and Honeycomb web platform, Omnidots offers a comprehensive vibration monitoring solution based on the SaaS subscription model. We also provide the SIM card for your SWARM vibration monitor because we want to ensure that we can adequately handle problems with your vibration analysis equipment in case these problems occur. If a client experiences a problem with his data connection, we have all the necessary tools to check the source of their technical inconvenience and fix the problem.
Our all-in-one SWARM and Honeycomb solution includes:
- Centralized storage of all your data. Additionally, all this information is readily available anytime, anywhere, and on any device with access to the cloud.
- A fixed annual fee, which includes the costs of the SIM card and SMS bundle. We are currently exploring the introduction of a monthly fee.
- Full use of the software without initial investment and additional licensing fees.
- Automatic updates for the Honeycomb web platform and SWARM firmware.
- Hosting at Amazon, one of the biggest and most reliable global cloud providers.
- Backups of all your data and secure, user-friendly space in the cloud for all your measuring data.
- A redundant server architecture. This refers to duplicating critical components or functions that increase the system's reliability in the form of a backup or fail-safe.
- Live tech support delivered by Honeycomb developers and Omnidots' reliable and professional services.
More and more companies and governmental institutions are moving away from traditional on-premises solutions and towards subscription models like Software as a Service. The main drivers behind this transition are the need for more flexibility, cost reduction, and increased stability. These pillars of efficiency also support Omnidots' all-in-one solution for vibration monitoring.
Would you like to learn more?
You May Also Like
These Related Stories