Product development engineer
Do you want to work on the most innovative IoT products? Then become our new product development manager in Leek, Groningen. A challenging hands-on job.
We provide IoT products for measuring environmental influences at the construction sites. We are continuously working on improving existing and developing new products (hardware and software). We’re looking for someone who can coordinate this process well and is hands-on with the technology.
You will be responsible for developing products within a multidisciplinary team of hardware and software engineers. You will do (preliminary) research and make a design of a new product and you formulate the functional and technical requirements. You are aware of competitors' products, you know what is needed in the industry. You define and create a project plan and timeline using best project management practices. You will be responsible as a product development engineer to oversee the progress of the project, and actively work towards creating a final product. We expect you to take an active role within the team where you work on technical tasks within your comfort zone or within your scope of expertise. Your responsibilities will include guiding the team in decision making and providing context on the product functionalties, requirements and the expectation from our customer and industry. Furthermore, you take stock of what is going on with our customers and within the industry.
We have a semi-flat organizational structure, in which we work with great enthusiasm and professionalism on super innovative products, but within an informal setting. We are a relatively small, but growing company with about 25 employees. You will get a lot of freedom and flexibility at Omnidots. You will work internally in a small tech team, with freelancers and external stakeholders. Partially working from home is a possibility.
We think it is important that project-based work becomes more of a standard within Omnidots, and therefore you will ensure excellent planning and bear final responsibility for the final product produced. It is important to note that you are not a manager who manages people. The thing you manage is the project and process itself. The teams are self-managing as much as possible. It’s a jack-of-all-trades job with a clear mission. The entire organization has consensus on a goal and the way to approach it regarding the new or improved product.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in electrical engineering/Technical computer science or equivalent.
- Ability to provide input, oversee and review an electronics design and work together with an electronics specialist.
- You are good at research and development and have excellent analytical skills.
- You are able to manage a project, keeping track of tasks, timelines, and assignments, using modern IT tools.
- You are a good communicator and you are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You work well in a multidisciplinary team.
- You have an eye for detail.
- You are familiar with EMC certification and can handle this assertively and can direct external parties. You take responsibility for this, but do not need to know the EMC regulations by heart.
- Work in an ambitious team, with the latest technologies.
- Many opportunities for growth, because we are a growing organization.
- Free schooling, based on your needs.
- Competitive salary.
- Good benefits, such as pension without contribution, travel allowance and extra vacation days.
- A lot of freedom and flexibility to organize your own work. Very easy to combine with a (busy) private life.
- If you like, you can participate in fun online and offline events, such as dinners at restaurants, game nights and other staff activities.
Want to apply or have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31621410257. Only respond if you speak both Dutch and English.