Electronics Design Engineer
We are looking for an Electronics Design engineer to join our R&D team!
We contribute to a safe world by making construction safer. Wherever construction takes place, vibrations occur. These vibrations are measured by specialized agencies on behalf of the contractors. To these specialized agencies we sell SWARM vibration monitors, which are used in combination with our Honeycomb SaaS web platform. In addition to our vibration monitor, which we are constantly upgrading and improving, we are innovatively developing more products focused on environmental monitoring.
What will your job be?
As an electronics design engineer, you will be responsible within the R&D team for prototyping and ultimately developing our hardware for the products.
You get excited about developing new products. You have experience with the entire cycle from product idea to manufacturable hardware product. You also keep an eye on the rest of the cycle, i.e. implementation, testing, how it is functioning in the field and what changes are desired in a new version and give instructions for maintenance to our repair and calibration department. You liaise with the Manager Operations when he is in charge of production and can answer his questions regarding components, the PCB and other hardware issues.
Together with your colleagues, you will first design the product and its consistency with the Omnidots SaaS web platform Honeycomb. Then, under the guidance of our CTO, you will work on the development of the products on a project basis. You find fast prototyping and making a product producible a nice challenge. During this process, you maintain good communication with others in the organization. As an electronics design engineer you are able to deliver technically innovative work, you plan and organize independently and you manage expectations, using our project management tools and by working out loud. You don't shy away from documentation so that everyone understands what your process has been.
You design schematics and PCB layouts and do physical prototyping and testing at our location in Leek. During the design process you, together with our Manager Operations, work with our manufacturing and assembly partners to ensure proper manufacturability. You define validation and verification activities to test your ideas, and design the test setups required for executing these tests. You execute root cause analysis of failure and implement solutions to improve the design.
You are up to date with industry standards (e.g. CE/FCC/EMC directives) and will design towards meeting those. You will be responsible for managing the (self)certification process and organising (EMC) testing at various laboratories to support declaration of conformity of the final products.
What do we need from you
- You are an EU citizen and willing to move to the Northern Netherlands, or you already live in the Netherlands.
- You have at least a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or similar with at least 5 years of work experience.
- You have experience with prototyping and designing for production.
- You can manage your own projects and are communicative enough to work well with the other team members.
- You can document well.
- You enjoy learning new things and always come up with creative ideas and solutions.
- You are proactive and demonstrate ownership.
- Ability to speak and write excellent English is a must. Being able to speak and write Dutch is an advantage.
What we offer
- An independent hardware position within an enthusiastic and innovative tech team
- A competitive salary.
- The ability to work flexibly as you wish, allowing you to achieve the right work-life balance. This includes being able to work remotely or from home when your workload - allows.
- 25 vacation days per year, plus time off on holidays.
- Growth and training opportunities.
How to apply
Send your Dutch or English letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send a general letter, but explain in your letter why the products of Omnidots interest you so much. After your application, an introductory interview will take place via video call to find out if you fit the job. If this is the case, a second interview will take place in Leek with our CTO, if the location is convenient for you.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is highly undesirable.